Wednesday, August 18, 2010

just call me martha!

for my birthday i got 2 wonderfully, lovely baking tools for the kitchen. 1. my kitchenaid mixer from aric and 2. my gorgeous Emile Henry pie dish from my sis.

so of course i'm going to make a pie right away! apple it was! above are the apples before baking...


my makeshift lattice top with the filling! yum...i was so anxious to try this!

beautiful!! and so tasty!

i use my mom's homemade pie crust recipe from food & wine...but here is the apple filling part:

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
8 apples (i used 4 of one, 4 of another), peeled, cored & sliced

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil.
  2. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 350 and continue baking for 35-45 minutes.
  3. VOILA! you've made an apple pie!! enjoy!

3 comments: